Cheers to Adam and all that he contributes to this beautiful planet.
1. If you were a box of cereal, what would you be and why?
Definitely Bran Flakes, so nobody would eat me.
2. What is your perception of the world?
I think we have a lot of potential as a species; potential that's being hindered by out insistence to value tradition and superstition over science and humanity.
3. If you could rewrite a part of your history, would you? Why?
I would rewrite the genocide of the American Indians. I am a registered native myself (although only a quarter), but the more I learn about the atrocities committed by people we still revere as "heroes", the less proud I am to be an American.
4. If you were the one survivor of a plane crash, on a tropical island, what would you do first?
Immediately start looking for fresh water!
5. If you could travel back in time, what advice would you give your teenage self?
I've thought about this a lot, actually. I would tell myself to start college directly after high school, and bust through it before getting married.
6. What are you doing in your life to influence the world and/or community?
I do a lot of work in mental-health advocacy. It's still so misunderstood, and I aim to help in the fight to stamp out stigma.
7. What would you pick for your last meal on this Earth?
Definitely the buffet at Tucanos. I really miss that place :(
8. What is your biggest fear?
Losing one of my children. No questions asked.
9. What do you think cats dream about?
I think cats are narcissists, so I guess they probably dream about how wonderful they are.
10. Who do you admire and why?
Definitely my mom. She raised 6 kids by herself with next to no money. Somehow she managed to do this while spending quality time with us and creating a lifetime of memories. I would be nothing without my mom.
11. If you could change one thing and one thing only about the people of this world, what would it be?
I would change how inherently stubborn humanity is.
12. Without naming the actual cookie, describe to us the cookie you love the most?
It has a crisp outer shell with a gooey middle, filled chocolate chips and almonds.
13. We are always making choices. Are you choosing for your story or someone else's?
I think it's a combination of both. Maybe I'm trying too hard to align the story of those closest to me, especially my kids.
14. You win the jackpot. One hundred million dollars. What would be the first three things you would do with this money?
Buy my mom a house. Pay off all debt. Hire a top-rated financial advisor.
15. What are six words the describe you the best?
Impulsive. Creative. Loving. Impatient. Interested. Depressed.
16. What drives you to be better than you were yesterday?
Knowing I may not be around tomorrow.
17. Where do you find peace in the hectic world we live in?
I find peace in the bedroom of my kids at night as we read stories. It's a really nice way to escape all the insanity.
18. What does success mean to you?
It used to mean making money, but now I look at success in terms of finding value and meaning in life, and chasing whatever is that constitutes those things.
19. When was the last time you laughed so hard it hurt? Do you remember why you laughed so hard and if so, can you describe that moment? If you cannot remember why, can you describe the feeling?
There is nothing better than that feeling of your sides splitting and your head bursting during a good laugh. I think the last time I laughed that hard was when my son (then 6) was in the bathroom of a local grocery store. It was packed, so I was in a stall and he took one of the kids urinals. Before I could finish he crawled underneath the door, and yelled, "Holy cow! Your wiener is huge! It looks like a giant fish!" I tried to tell him to be quiet, knowing there were several people still in there, when suddenly he cups his hands to his mouth and says, "Attention we have an escaped fish, everyone." I couldn't stop laughing. My son is awesome.
20. Where (social media, website) can others connect with you?
You can check out my website for the videos we do (and are continuing to do) for mental-health awareness at: