Honestly, I believed this was a step in my life I could avoid. A distant reality, never to come to pass.
But here I am, hurtling along, unable to halt the inevitable.
Four decades on this Earth 🙊
Seriously. What happened to the time?
Twenty years ago, I was attending classes up at Utah State University, working two jobs and spending my time off being a rowdy college student with my roommates and friends. It seems like it was just yesterday. Until I remember what really happened yesterday. Nope my two children crucified that memory. Shot it right between the eyes.
Fifteen years ago, I was a young mother of two, exhausted from my long days and never ending nights. Not to mention, I had absolutely no clue what I was doing. I still look back to those days and wonder how we all survived.
Ten years ago, I was finishing up the last year of my bachelor's degree, juggling two young children and all their overkill of homework and activities, as well as working full-time. It's no wonder my hair began to fall out shortly after graduation 😁 And yes, those are VHS videos behind me. Shhhh...
Five years ago, I made a leap of faith. I chose to stop sitting on the sidelines and rose up like a fierce lioness, never looking back on the life that I left. I found my voice and owned my life. Tower of Terror, baby.
What will the big 4-0 bring me?
I do know this...
- I still feel like I'm 20. Until I'm around 20 year-old's and then... well then I feel ancient.
- The older I become, the less I care what others think of me. Although there are those split second moments where I think, "oh no, what will they think of me?", but it's quickly followed by, "who the fuck cares what they think of me."
- Life rarely goes as planned. In fact, life is a bitch with an axe and a bottle of tequila. Hold the lime. She uses that to drip into our wounds, followed by the salt of our existence.
- Life is also like "a box of chocolates". Same philosophy as above, just better tasting and far more exciting 😚
- I'm not the same person I was twenty years ago. I'm not even the same person I was five years ago. I hear that's a good thing. Always growing and evolving, becoming a better person and taking the lessons I have learned so far and applying them to my life.
- Giving is better than receiving.
If you are an artist of any kind, writer, photographer, sculptor, painter, musician, etc. I would LOVE to support you on your path, while releasing the last days of my 30s out into the universe. Every single day for the next 31 days, I will purchase a creation by an artist. As well, over the course of 2017 I will choose a day to highlight that piece of art on my blog and all my social media.
If you are interested in having one of your books, albums/songs, paintings or any piece of art featured by me, please leave a message in the comments below with a link to your website and place to purchase. If it is something I know I would enjoy, I'll contact you and will purchase the item within the next month. If it is not something I would be interested in, but you commented and it is appropriate for my readers and followers, I will share it on all my social media.
Let's make this fun. Spread the love and may Theia's light shine favorably upon you 🌚🌏🌄
And as always, check out my books 😘